Since 2001 Uptown Bill's has been a gathering place that welcomes people of all abilities. Unless funds are raised to insure future sustainability it may close. You can help us through this period of transition.
Uptown Bill's is the cousin of Wild Bill’s (in operation since 1978). Both nonprofits are named for Bill Sackter. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Sackter
Your gift of any amount will help support the following:
1. Meeting space for support and community groups -- more than 383 group meetings in 2017
2. A coffee house and bookstore
3. Arts and crafts, games, short plays and readings
4. Open mic performance opportunities
5. Music venue for local, regional and national artists and groups
6. Support for business start-ups
We also need to make some major upgrades in the kitchen and other areas.
Examples of some of our fixed annual expenses:
Rent $24,000; Insurance $4,800; Utilities $3,600; Performing rights fees (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC) $2,160; Phone/Internet $1,560
Help us hire a new director. Most of our personnel are volunteers (122 in 2017). But we do need a full time paid excutive director (Our former executive director director for 8 years has left Iowa City for a position elsewhere). We hope to find someone for $40,000-50-000.
Give what you can but, certainly not more than you can afford. .
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?