Breaking News: The fundraiser has come to an end, BUT, with your help, we were able to donate an entire pallet of copy/printer paper which translates into over 200,000 sheets of paper for the teachers at U.S. Grant High School. I am extremely grateful to EVERYONE who helped me with this campaign. You guys are the BEST!!! I have included a thank you picture from some of the students at U.S. Grant that I wanted to share with you.
It is that time of year again when I sponsor, organize, and coordinate a fundraiser for the semester. I have decided to adopt U.S. Grant High School, who is in desperate need of copy/printer paper, which has become a scarce resource for the students and teachers. In the past, I have collected food for the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, copy paper for the Teacher's Warehouse, schools supplies for an elementary school, etc. This semester I am providing this website again to make it easier to donate money too. (Over the years, I have had several students who have offered to donate money as well, but did not have a system like this website setup to collect these monetary donations until last year.)
Please know that your monetary donations will go to a great cause for U.S. Grant High School. In addition, if you prefer, you can simply contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange to drop off copy paper with me.
Please know that the money collected through my website will only add to the additional items that I physically collect as well. (Of course I will keep everyone posted via Facebook.) As many of you are aware, I grew up impoverished in the violent neighborhoods on the northeast side of OKC. I have been fortunate and blessed to have persevered through a lot of adversity and always try to do something to give back to my community. And with your help, we can make it a little easier for teachers at U.S. Grant.
I have done my research with this donation site (Fundly), and it has proven to be legitimate over the years. This will actually be my third year using the site with no issues at all. They have helped to raise millions of dollars for organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Teach for America, Hurricane Sandy, etc. Forbes, Huffington Post, PBS, etc. have written articles in regards to the impact that Fundly has had in regards to raising donations. (see articles below by clicking on the link):
The only downside to using Fundly is that the minimum you have to donate is at least $10 (see donation instructions below). However, know that I will make sure your donation will go to a very worthy cause. In addition, the website is secure so you do not have to worry about your credit/debit card information. As I mentioned previously, I have actually used this website over the past three years and no one had any issues with their credit/debit card or bank information. (However, use your own discretion.)
I have been extremely grateful to all of you in the past who have helped me in my crusade to give back to my community, which is also your community. I know that $10 may be a lot of money for some of you -- trust me, I have been there. It could be the difference in purchasing 3 gallons of gas, diapers, a couple of value meals at your local fast-food restaurant, a pair of jeans or a shirt for your child, groceries, medication, etc., so know that your gift in the form of a donation is GREATLY appreciated, especially since I know that for some of you it would truly be a sacrifice. The deadline for all donations will be Wednesday, May 14th. Please share my website/link on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Once you select “Make A Donation” or “Please Donate” here are some things to remember:
Mobile Device Instructions:
1. The next screen allows you to "Select your donation amount" which is $100, $40, $20, or $10, but underneath those donation amounts you will see a box that states: "Enter custom amount." You can simply click in this box and enter an amount different than the choices provided. Remember, however, the minimum you have to donate is $10.
2. At the top of the next screen, your donation amount should be displayed. Please make sure to check that this is the amount that you selected on the previous page. Next, you will have to provide some information along with your credit/debit card information. As mentioned above, I used this secure site over the past three years and did not have any issues with my debit/credit card or bank account. In addition, I never heard from anyone who donated using the site last year in regards to having any debit/credit card or bank issues with the site either.
I have learned that you must enter information for all of the boxes (name, email, street, zip code, etc.) or you will receive a message to enter all information. At the bottom of this page, which is the final page, you will see “Save and Continue.” Note: Make sure that your donation dollar amount is correct because once you select “Save and Continue” this will end the process and your debit/credit card will be charged.
3. You will receive a “Payment Confirmation” from Fundly via email. This notification serves as a receipt, indicating how much you have donated.
1. You will see that the donation is automatically set at “$10” which is the default. (Remember, $10 is the minimum donation you can make.) If you would like to donate more, simply click inside of the box and a blinking cursor will appear. Now you can simply change the dollar value.
2. You will need to enter some basic information, which includes your credit card number. I have learned that you must enter information for all of the boxes (name, email, street, zip code, etc.) or you will receive a message to enter all information. As mentioned above, I used this secure site last year and did not have any issues with my debit/credit card or bank account. In addition, I never heard from anyone who donated using the site last year in regards to having any debit/credit card or bank issues with the site.
4. Select “Submit” and the process is complete and your card will be charged the amount that you have selected.
5. You will receive a “Payment Confirmation” from Fundly via email. This notification serves as a receipt, indicating how much you have donated.
Thanks for your consideration,
~ Dr. Smith
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Dr. Martin Luther King
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.