Help us close out 2020 strong! Let's build a system that works for our health & freedom. The Tubman Center for Health & Freedom is a 501c3, community organization building capacity to become a community health clinic.
The Tubman Center for Health & Freedom addresses health and wellness from both systemic and clinical approaches. By practicing medicine from the intersection of health and freedom, we address both the health of our patients as well as the factors that determine their health. Tubman Health provides primary and preventative care, community resources, social services, political education and advocacy.
* Every 7 minutes, a black person dies prematurely in America. That’s more than 200 black people a day who would not die if the health of blacks and whites were equal.(1)
* Black residents die of Diabetes 3 times the rate of White people in King County. (2)
* Native American infants born in King County are 4.1 times more likely to die than White infants. (2)
Homophobia, racism, ablism, xenophobia interfere with our abilities to live in optimal health.
The Tubman Center for Health & Freedom is a community organization committed to the principles of healing and people’s liberation from systems that make us unwell. We work to advance health justice, culturally appropriate care and integrative medicine. We are a collective of community members laying the groundwork for an innovative community health clinic that specializes in meeting the needs of marginalized communities in Seattle’s Puget Sound region.
Founded by Black, Indigenous and queer community members, we are building a health care delivery system that works for all marginalized people. Community called, so we launched in May of this year.
We want to close out 2020 strong, by raising $30,000 from our communities. Together, let's build a system that works for our health and freedom.
We know what we need.
Our donors come from our communities. Please make a donation today. Share and ask your friends and family to match your contribution!
Any amount is welcomed! $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, or any amount that you are willing and able to contribute!
We appreciate you!
To learn more about the work, visit www.TubmanHealth.org.
1. RWJF: https://www.rwjf.org/en/blog/2017/10/discrimination-is-a-health-issue.html
2. King County: https://www.communitiescount.org/health-disparities-dashboard
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?