We've started a conversation about traumatic brain injuries and concussions. Now, let's take it one step further. We are determined to bring awareness to those affected. Support the cause by sharing #talktbi
Why donate to Talk TBI?
At least 2.8 million Americans sustain traumatic brain injuries (TBI) each year.
* 2.8 million Americans doesn't even account for the statistics of non-traumatic brain injuries which include stroke, tumors, metabolic disorders, oxygen deprivation, etc.*
Raising brain injury awareness is one of the first steps you can make to protect you and your loved ones.
A brain injury can change the way a person moves, talks, thinks, and acts. It can lead to physical, communicative, cognitive, and behavioral impairments - some of which are life long. We are determined to improve the recovery, health, and quality of life for people who have sustained a brain injury.
We'll be honest, it's a huge goal. But it's not a goal we know we will reach alone.
Our mission is to...
- Raise awareness and brain injury prevention
- Help propel advancements in brain injury services and supports
- Expanding services to reach more people, in more places, and in more ways. Our current focus is to help bring more accessible treatment options to VT.
- Create volunteer opportunities and education tools to spread brain injury awareness and prevention to VT school systems and the community.
- Honoring brain injury survivors by connecting and helping them return to activities and the community, providing educational resources and tools, and financial assistance to ease the burden while recovering.
For more information or to share your own brain injury awareness story, make sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook. Turn on your notifications for all #talktbi posts to see the most up to date content!
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.