Stacy's Cancer Fight Fund

Stacy's Cancer Fight Fund

From Stacy Dellorfano

I’m raising money for my fight against breast cancer. Cash goes to what the insurance doesn’t cover, some rather large copays, and potentially some entertainment for Stacy while they recover.

Stacy Dellorfano posted a new update:

Hello Everyone! Sorry I haven't given an update in a while, things have been rather difficult, but I've got good news to report... we're almost at the end!

About 3 1/2 weeks ago, I had my final chemo infusion. I'm still dealing with some of the after effects of the run, but I've been much better, am starting to see some signs of my hair coming back, and I'm slowly getting back the energy I once had.

The next step is surgery. The chemo shrunk down both tumors in my left breast and the tumors in my lymph nodes to the point where I can have a partial mastectomy instead of a full mastectomy. We hoped that surgery would happen on February 14th, but you know how insurance companies and doctor's offices work... it's now going to be tentatively on March 20th assuming everything goes through.

The surgery will remove what's left of the cancer, and they'll test the first level of my lymph nodes to make sure it hasn't gotten any deeper. It should be an outpatient procedure unless something goes wrong.

Then, 30 - 45 days after that, I'll start a 4-6 week regimen of daily radiation therapy, which is to kill off any remaining microscopic cancer that might remain in that area. After all that, hopefully I'll be cancer-free.

With your help, I've been able to afford more expensive nausea medication (a patch so I didn't have to swallow pills when I'm feeling sick), the two trips to the ER and subsequent hospital that resulted in large copays, things I needed when bedridden so I could sit up and eat like a tray and a backrest, a stool for the shower (oh how wonderful that first shower felt), entertainment in the form of movies and TV shows when I didn't have the strength to get out of bed, food, and probably way more things than I can even think of right now.

I can not thank you all enough. It's been a hard journey, but not having to worry about the financial end of it has made it at least a little easier, and every bit of 'easier' counts.

Even though I've still got cancer treatment to go, I'm going to go ahead and let this close five days from now. Thanks again, everyone!

Stacy Dellorfano posted a new update:
about 1 year ago

Getting labs and set up for chemo treatment 2/6. Cool gender fluid pride beanie made for me by my bestie’s wife to cover up the patchwork hair I have left.

Your funds have helped us pay for the hospitalization copay, gotten me some support materials for getting around at home, and even some entertainment for when the fatigue gets to be too much. Please keep them coming!

(BIG HUGS)

Stacy Dellorfano posted a new update:
about 1 year ago

I can not thank you all enough for your support! It's been a bit of a rocky week since leaving the hospital, and Rob's been getting slammed at the school, so I wanted to give you an idea on how your funds are already helping us...

I'm in no shape to go grocery shopping, and Rob's been literally run ragged at work, so yesterday morning I was able to give us both a break and splurge on a grocery delivery from InstaCart. Small luxury, but one we sorely needed right now to cut out one errand, and still get me the nutrition I need.

Thank you again, everyone! I'm going to raise our funding goal since we already reached this one. Additional funds will help make the way even easier for us... things like in-home IV fluid treatments and delivered meals that might even get me doing a bit of work again!

Gareth Morgan commented with a $20 donation:
Best of luck and get well... It's not a huge amount, but hopefully, every little helps.
James Young commented with a $177 donation:
On the behalf of the Mongrel Banquet Club, here's all of the earnings for everything the MBC has ever done.
Xavier Dremée commented with a $15 donation:
I know it's not much, but hopefully the next movie or bit of comfort food is on me! I'll keep sending the positive vibes and best wishes =]
Robert Moreland commented with a $200 donation:
Gotta make your target goal at least.
Anonymous commented with a $100 donation:
Playing Zaya's Promise at your table made Gen Con 50 extra fun for me and my friends. More games should incorporate paper crafts!
Anonymous commented with a $10 donation:
Wishing you 20s on your CON checks.
Anonymous commented with a $10 donation:
Be well soon!
Ben Laurence commented with a $35 donation:
Godspeed on your recovery Stacy!
Robert Moreland commented with a $200 donation:
Wishing you strength and healing. Keeping you in my thoughts and a candle burning.
Abigail Davis commented with a $40 donation:
Love you <3 Thanks for always being such a cool person.
Jerry L Meyer commented with a $20 donation:
Keep on Keeping On! Here are some more Spoons for you! We need more Contessa in our lives.
DAVID MILLIANS commented with a $35 donation:
More power to you, Stacy!
Anonymous commented with a $10 donation:
about 1 year ago
Stay strong!
Jeff Duncan commented:
about 1 year ago
Getting the word out from my blog, G+ and Facebook. Be putting something towards this beginning of December.
Kayla Perez commented with a $50 donation:
about 1 year ago
Love you friend. Be Strong you got this
Benjamin Eisenhofer commented with a $25 donation:
about 1 year ago
Be well, Stacy!
Allan MacKenzie-Graham commented with a $20 donation:
about 1 year ago
Good luck, Stacy! Thank you for the new S&W!
Mischa Krilov commented with a $50 donation:
about 1 year ago
Solidarity.
John Fiala commented with a $35 donation:
about 1 year ago
My wife's fighting leukemia. Good luck!
Bowah Leung commented with a $100 donation:
about 1 year ago
Thank you so much for your work with our community. You are heroic! ConTessa's presence at GenCon 50 meant a lot.