SIERRA NEVADA OPEN WATER 4MS - BASS LAKE 2019

SIERRA NEVADA OPEN WATER 4MS - BASS LAKE 2019

From Richard "Dix" Gardner

This past Saturday I swam the length of Bass Lake Western Sierra Nevada Mountains a distance of 5-Miles to raise MS Awareness and generate Donations in support of the Race to Erase MS / Center Without Walls.

Richard "Dix" Gardner posted a new update:

- SOME WHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF BASS LAKE - I entered the water at 6:30 AM at Recreational Point on the North End of Bass Lake to start my swim of the length of the lake. The Sun had just cast her first rays of light onto the water and surrounding mountains. It was quiet and serene with only the sounds of Steller Jays welcoming in the morning. The air was calm, the lake was without a ripple, and the water was warm and inviting. I could not have asked for a better stage or backdrop as I began my Third Swim of Bass Lake - 48 years later in life.

It took me just over two hours to swim the length of the Lake this past Saturday Aug. 3, 2019 - With the support of my close friends getting me to and from the lake and paddling alongside me as I swam. I could not have done this without them, nor could I have done this without All of you in your Support and in your Donations in helping me Raise MS Awareness and funding to help Find a Cure for MS.

My Deepest Thanks, to All who have Donated and given me words of encouragement throughout my journey and quest to swim Bass Lake once again :)

I had an aggressive goal of raising 10,000 in support of my swim and the cause to Find a Cure for MS. To-date we have generated $7,755 - 3/4 of my goal. - With only 6 days left I am confident we can still reach my goal!

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, PLEASE SHARE AND ENCOURAGE YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO CONSIDER DONATING TO MY CAUSE TO FIND A CURE FOR MS!
at the Link Below:

Best - Richard "Dix" Gardner
"Raising MS Awareness wit Every Lake I Swim"

Richard "Dix" Gardner posted a new update:

I'm Ready to Swim Bass Lake Again
After 48 Years.

After months of planning and countless laps and miles of swimming, I will be in the water early this Saturday morning 8/3/19 swimming the length of Bass Lake (5-miles), with the aim of raising MS Awareness and funding research to Help Find a Cure for MS, and the hope that one day I may be able to walk unassisted again.

Thank you, to all those who have donated to-date in support of my foundation and upcoming Bass Lake swim. I had a large goal of $10,000 and we are half way there because of you!

Please, Join me in reaching my goal with your Donations in supporting the RACE TO ERASE MS / CENTER WITHOUT WALLS program at:

Thank you for your support and Best to All!   -   Richard "Dix"

Richard "Dix" Gardner posted a new update:

test

Georgia M Atkins commented with a $25 donation:
You're amazing, Richard! Congratulations!
Jeff Shultz commented with a $100 donation:
Keep up the good fight, Dix! Proud of you.
Grant Heidrich commented with a $700 donation:
In support of MS initiative. Grant Heidrich
Skylake Yosemite Camp commented with a $1,000 donation:
We loved cheering you on this morning Richard! You are amazing!
Carol Bond commented with a $50 donation:
Go Richard! Love us <3
Elaine Meyer commented with a $250 donation:
God Speed, Richard, we're with you all the way!
Bill Lewis commented with a $100 donation:
Proud to support you on your big swim!
Lori Hoefling Maldonado commented with a $75 donation:
Richard, You amaze me in all you do! Wish I could be there to support you. Thank you for being such an inspiration to others. Love ya??
Valerie A Sharp commented with a $60 donation:
GIving to make a difference. Jump in folks, the water is warm. Go, DIX, GO!
Kevin Griffith commented with a $100 donation:
(L) Done like this is done in your head.
Anonymous commented with a $50 donation:
You are an inspiration!
Les And lisa Lance commented with a $25 donation:
In memory of Jon Baruch and in support of you!
Cyndy And Randy Ryan commented with a $50 donation:
Good luck on your swim, Richard. Awesome job on building awareness and working towards a cure for MS!
Deborah Ruiz Marr commented with a $50 donation:
GO DIX!!!! oxoxo
Reza Torkzadeh commented with a $500 donation:
Amazing. So proud.
Nancy Wood commented with a $100 donation:
Hi Richard! I hope you get out there and "just kill it"!!! Thanks for all you do to help support finding a cure for MS!!!
Ed & Karen Aguilera commented with a $50 donation:
We love you Uncle Richard!!!
Cheryl Curran commented with a $250 donation:
Best of luck on the swim!