In the early morning hours of May 12, 2021 Roger and Sharla’s home caught fire. We thank the Lord they got out alright. Their family and community are rallying around and many have asked for a way to support them.
An update from Sharla:
“Processing through fire
Thank you for all of your well wishes and thoughtful comments this past week. They’ve blessed us in so many ways.
Our fire was caused by a dehumidifier that we had in our trailer. It seems unimaginable that we lost everything because of that one small device that we used to prevent dampness in the trailer.
The past couple of days have been a whirlwind. We’ve met with people and sifted through the ashes to find things to be able to document our loss. To stop and try to account for every little thing you had, is mind blowing. I was able to pull out a couple of bins of pictures, including our wedding pictures, in addition to what the firemen saved. I’m so thankful for these small blessings.
We’ve finally been able to get some sleep, as sleep was unattainable for days. We’re taking a break and enjoying a couple days with our grandkids. They are our joy bringers!! ❤️
Thank you again to everyone who have helped us in so many tangible ways, prayed for us, provided a roof over our heads, provided meals for us. You have no idea how much it means to us. Words cannot begin to express what we feel in our hearts.
Our specific prayer requests would be for mental clarity for both of us. Our brains are foggy, we forget things and can’t remember where we have set things down.
And as we both return to work next week, that we’d be able to manage all we have going on with the responsibilities of our jobs.
Thank you everyone.
The last picture taken of our home. August 2021”
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?