I'm raising money for a cause I care about, but I need your help to reach my goal! Please become a supporter to follow my progress and share with your friends.
The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi announced the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for those that fall within the middle-income class. “Housing for All” mission under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) has two components—Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) (PMAY-U) for the urban poor and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) (PMAY-G and also PMAY-R) for the agricultural poor. the govt. has finalized the principles for the scheme, and thus the subsidy available as a neighborhood of this program is termed as “Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme for Middle Income Groups” (CLSS – MIG). according to the PMAY, middle-income bearers are eligible for an interest subsidy of three to 4% on their home loan EMIs. Beneficiaries availing of this scheme are eligible to avail of interest subsidy on the acquisition or construction of a house or the enhancement of dwelling unit and should speed up the prepayment of their home loan. That’s good news. Now, how do I avail of this subsidy? Are you eligible? If yes, thanks to apply for the scheme while getting an easy home loan?
Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme or CLSS under the PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) has profited numerous Indian families with reduced EMIs. The PMAY scheme is aimed towards giving reduction on home loan EMIs to qualified borrowers on acquisition of their first home. it is a a part of the opposite three schemes launched under PMAY carrying the motto ‘housing for all’ before 2022. Additionally, tax-sops like reduced GST of 8% (others pay 12% for same house) on under-construction properties and increase in carpet area covered under the scheme’s eligibility criteria are made to increase inclusion under the subsidy. Till date CLSS has drawn a lot of traction from the housing finance industry with 185 primary lending institutions registered under the scheme, mostly represented by housing finance companies (HFCs) and banks. But how does this scheme work and are you eligible to PMAY subsidy? Let’s discuss.
Those belonging to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Low Income Group (LIG), Middle Income Group-I (MIG-I) and Middle-Income Group-II (MIG-II) are eligible for this scheme. the next conditions must hold for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana subsidy –
1. The applicant must be but 70 years old
2. The applicant’s income must be but Rs. 3 lakhs per annum for EWS and between Rs. 3 – 6 lakhs once a year for LIG
3. Home loans sanctioned or within the approval stage post-January 1, 2017 are eligible for the house loan subsidy
4. Applicants with an annual income of up to Rs. 12 lakhs that have housing loans of up to Rs. 9 lakhs are eligible for a forty-five reduction in home loan EMIs. Those with an income of up to Rs. 18 lakhs with loans of Rs. 12 lakhs can avail 3% subsidy
5. The PMAY subsidy includes construction, acquisition, and repurchase of an existing house Once you pass the above criteria, you'll avail of the house loan subsidy, but obviously, there are more conditions to be met. These are -
• Property to be purchased should be located during a region covered under the subsequent schemes https://goo.gl/FvzMFU
• One among the owners of the property should be a Woman (not required if the house is being constructed on an existing piece of land or being renovated to the pucca house)
• The property isn’t already subsidized by the opposite Central Government scheme.
• The carpet area of the property is within the bounds specified for your income category.
*For purchase/construction of a replacement property, otherwise EWS – 322 sq. ft and LIG – 968 sq. ft
If the above criteria match your profile then the applicable subsidy goes to be reduced from your total loan amount, and you will be got to pay EMI on this reduced principal. This subsidy is deducted upfront from the house loan amount and reduces your EMIs by Rs 1,000-Rs 2,500.
The property’s owner must either be within the name of a female member or should be joint with the wife. However, this condition isn’t compulsory in cases of construction or renovation of an existing kutcha/semi-pucca house. Moreover, none of the members of the family should own a pucca house in their name in any part of India. As per the EWS category, the carpet area of the house should be up to 30 sq. mts. and for the LIG category, the limit is 60 sq. mts.
Under the scheme, women are given preference. Additionally, single working women, widows, differently-abled women, and other people belonging to scheduled castes and tribes are given preference.
If you qualify for PMAY and are wondering because of applying for PMAY online, follow the step-by-step guide below.
• Find out the category under which you qualify for PMAY.
• Then visit the official website: http://pmaymis.gov.in/
• Click on ‘Citizen Assessment’ under the most menu and choose the applicant category.
• You are going to be redirected to a separate page where you need to enter your Aadhaar details.
• Fill out the online PMAY application alongside your personal, income, and checking account details, and current residential address.
• Enter the captcha code, verify details for accuracy, and submit it.
• You can track the appliance status afterward by clicking on ‘Track your Assessment Status’ under ‘Citizen Assessment’.
If you’re unable to use online and wondering the way to apply, PM Awas Yojana also supports an offline application. Simply visit a state government-run Common Service Centre and fill the appliance form for just Rs.25 plus GST. Do note that no private centers or banks are allowed to easily accept offline PMAY applications.
2. PMAY Scheme
3. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
4. Home Loan EMI
5. Home Loan EMI Calculator
6. PMAY for Women
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.