We are starting this campaign to help us gather funds for presentations to PTA and high school health classes, and to reach out to the community. We are a 501(c)(3) organization, your donations are fully tax deductible!
On March 25, 2013, we lost our only son Dominic to depression.
On that day, Parents Against Depression, Inc., (P.A.D.) was born. At P.A.D. our motto is to "Save our Sons and Daughters."
P.A.D. would like to raise awareness that depression is a brain disease which needs early intervention.
P.A.D.'s goal is to fight the stigma associated with depression.
We want to reach out to teens and young adults and encourage them to ask for help. We also want to educate parents and the community about the causes, triggers, and treatment options associated with depression.
So far P.A.D. has reached 5,000 students via high school health class presentations in Maryland and Virgina. After each presentation we pass out a survey, here are the results:
1. Would you recommend this presentation to a friend? 95% YES
2. Was the topic interesting to you? 95% Yes
3. After seeing the presentation, are you more open to talking about depression? 87% YES
Our materials will be incorporated in the Page County, Virgina curriculum beginning Fall 2017. We hope to have our materials incorporated in counties across Maryland and Virgina, this will help us reach tens of thousands of students.
Below are some of the awesome comments from the students:
• I like what you are doing with giving awareness to adults and students to realize that a person can go through many things and we won't even recognize what they’re going through. It was a good presentation for us to learn about.
• Thank you for not saying that just “changing your attitude” will help because most people say that and its just not true. Also thank you for reminding people that depression and anxiety are actual illnesses.
• This helps me a lot because I am dealing with anxiety and am seeking help
• I liked that you said depression was just like any other disease and you shouldn’t be embarrassed to ask for help. Your story was also very moving.
• Please continue to do what you are doing. I’m sure that you are saving people’s lives by making them aware of this horrible disease.
• This presentation was really interesting especially because I have been thinking about majoring in psychology in college. Thank you.
Your donations will help to
P.A.D. is a 501(C)(3) organization. Your donations are fully tax deductible.
Please visit out Facebook page!
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?