We are fundraising for an on demand delivery app that is non-profit in Hong Kong. We need to say no to slavery under the monopoly of Gogovan. The platform keep lower the price and increase the commission fee.
You are welcome to contact us anytime!
Hi, I am Henry from Hong Kong and I am studying computer science.
Nowadays, gigs economy becomes more and more irresponsible because platform keep lower the price of service and increase the commission from service providers. In Hong Kong, there is a platform called Gogovan, some rich companies invest millions into them so that they can gain market share by 80%, they keep subsidizing drivers by large amount of cash in order to become monopoly. They have broken the promise of protecting the right of drivers and increase the commission to 10% and lower the price of delivery, drivers can do nothing because the platform has large market share and they rely on it, the platform even threaten to kick them out if they don’t use their stickers. Moreover, there are no measurements to measure the quality of drivers, the screening process is so simple that every driver with a license can join and provide service within 15 minutes! The founders of Gogovan do not care about the quality and keep pushing this kind of model to other Asia countries, causing more and more innocent drivers being dragged into the trap, they thought they can earn more, but they will give up their future right because Gogovan is backed by Venture Captialists! They claimed to list in Hong Kong, but in my point of view, they just want to cash out as soon as possible before the Ponzi scheme fails.
What will I propose?
We would like to build a non-profit and sustainable delivery app that charge 0% commission fee but charge them for payment gateway fees from Stripe, Paypal/Braintree to cover the payment gateway cost. We can ask them to donate any amount they feel comfortable to keep our non-profit app running. We will show them how much cash we remain in real time.
Although drivers can shift to us easily because their shifting cost is low, but we need to help them to find some orders so that they will have higher incentive to use our app. My strategies and steps are:
1. We invite drivers publicly, Gogovan cannot know who have joined us, drivers will keep it secret.
2. When there are enough drivers, we introduce our platform to customers, we set a launch day of the service
3. Before the launch day of the service, we distribute the stickers to all the drivers to stick on their vehicles.
1. No fixed price, no algorithm price, but driver can set their price and extra packages themselves!
2. Customers make order request, drivers send their quotations, and people can see ratings instantly regarding that driver. Customers can choose the driver they like.
3. We will let customers to rate drivers anonymously, and drivers will receive the rating at a random time, so that customers can feel comfortable to rate.
4. Percentage of being on time is an indicator, but in order to prevent rushing, we let customers to decide whether or not they trust the drivers of being late. Percentage of damaged products will also be a key performance indicator.
Self-sustain, reject investment from venture capitalists and will not go public. This is better to our society. Thank you.
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?