Help us bring a Youth Development Program to South Florida that has been hugely successful in changing lives, transforming school cultures, decreasing violence and increasing peace in Baltimore. Read more below!
More Information about this Project Launch:
We are raising the seed fund to launch the Mindful Leaders Workforce Development Satellite Project in South Florida.
This highly specialized, intensive training opportunity is for young people ages 18-24 who are interested in pursuing a career in the health and wellness field. Through their participation in this program, youth gain the skills they need to lead a healthy lifestyle while becoming Peace Ambassadors in their families & communities.
The Holistic Life Foundation (HLF) was founded in 2001 with the vision of changing the culture of violence in Baltimore. The founders started by training a group of boys from the West Baltimore neighborhood where two of the founders grew up. 90% of the original cohort of students graduated from high school. They are now employed or attend colleges and universities. None are incarcerated.
HFL has facilitated yoga, mindfulness, and environmental-based programs in schools, community centers, after-school programs, group homes, the Baltimore Juvenile Detention Center, senior centers, drug treatment centers, and other venues. HLF mindfulness programming is based on secular, scientific and therapeutic principles—with a unique focus & expertise in working with urban youth from diverse backgrounds.
We believe that every young person should have access to employment or training opportunities upon graduation from high school.
At the Holistic Life Foundation, we are expanding our solid reputation in Baltimore of bringing mindfulness to underserved communities throughout the US.
Help support our new initiative to bring these transformative practices to the multicultural youth of South Florida.
PRIVATE MINDFULNESS RETREAT WITH HLF FOUNDERS IN 2020
Did you know you can earn a spot in the private mindfulness meditation retreat in 2020 with the Founders of the Holistic Life Foundation.
DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN EARN A SPOT IN THE PRIVATE MINDFULNESS MEDITATION RETREAT IN 2020 WITH THE FOUNDERS OF THE HOLISTIC LIFE FOUNDATION?
Anyone who donates $10,000 before September 1st will be invited to attend a small group mindfulness meditation retreat in Miami, FL with our founders who teach and train nationally and internationally in the field of mindfulness.
· We provide at-risk youth with transformational job training that allows them to become change agents in their communities as well as Peace Ambassadors;
· Our expertise is reaching multicultural youth in underserved communities;
· Our Co-Founders are African-American and Latino men who can relate to the youth that we serve with 90% of our staff being graduates of our programs;
· Our curriculum and practices are evidence-based;
· We currently serve 10,000 youth every week in the City of Baltimore;
To see more testimonials of real children whose lives have been transformed, click on this video.
Holistic Workforce Development Program – Developing Mindful Leaders –South Florida:
· In conjunction with recognized community leaders, HLF will identify 20 youth to train to become Mindful Leaders officially endorsed by the Holistic Life Foundation. Out of those 20 youth we will oversee an assessment process to select 7-10 highly qualified youth to participate in a 1-year, intensive, transformational workforce development training program;
· Our HLF founders have already trained several senior staff members to deliver this training;
· The Mindful Leaders will receive training from HLF’s co-founders, serve in apprenticeship roles to HLF senior staff, and will also visit Baltimore to see programs in action;
· HLF’s success in teaching mindfulness and yoga practices globally stems from our professionalism, skill level, and commitment to embodying a personal practice;
· One of the requirements for Mindful Leaders is to practice daily with the HLF senior staff, to develop the authenticity and skill to be a highly effective pillar of change in the community through the use of mindfulness and yoga.
· The Mindful Leaders will be paid for their time attending trainings so that this transformational program can be a priority and focus of their lives;
· Once youth participants have graduated from the 1-year program, they will be gainfully employed by HLF teaching yoga and mindfulness programs in the local community;
All Fundly donations will be used to launch HLF's Community Workforce Development Program in South Florida. Our program will build capacity for mindfulness and wellness programming throughout South Florida's must vulnerable communities.
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?