ORTEGA CLIMBING WALL
- It will be located against the external wall of the auditorium near the students’ entrance and monitors' office.
- It will be 24 feet tall
- It will be 30 feet wide
- It will be used ONLY DURING P.E OR AES classes, always under supervision.
- It will have several routes of various difficulties. 6 to 8 rope and harnesses will be used (belayed by adults and/or students)
- Bouldering will also be possible.
SIX good reasons to have a climbing wall on campus
- It's part of the Curriculum! Activité Physique de Pleine Nature (APPN) / Outdoor Physical Activity.
- Physical Development: Coordination, strength, agility, better understanding of the body
- Social Development: following rules for safety, respect and empathy for others, team work, solidarity.
- Self development: self respect, responsibility, and autonomy
- For young and older students alike.
- Use of the space we have: vertical instead of horizontal.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Prior to event: Students find sponsors and share the online link. Anyone can donate (LFSF staff should not be solicited). Students return cash and checks on event day.
- Wednesday May 1, 2019: 9am to 12pm - Beach Chalet, 10th to 12th graders: Soccer Tournament
- Thursday May 16, 2019: 9am to 12pm - Kezar Stadium, 6th to 9th graders: Athlethon:
- 1 solidarity mile (everyone runs)
- 1 competitive mile (by levels)
- Solidarity & Competitive Relay Races
- Long Jump
- Wednesday May 22, 2019 - 9am to 2pm Kezar Stadium, 5th graders: Athlethon
Contribute for the Climbing Wall your children will be using in the future.
WHAT IS THE GOAL?
- Total $60,000: Let's get the LFSF students reach the top!
- 5% of the proceeds will go to Lyric, LYRIC’s mission is to build community and inspire positive social change through education enhancement, career trainings, health promotion, and leadership development with LGBTQQ youth, their families, and allies of all races, classes, genders, and abilities.
- The student with highest amount of sponsorship will receive one free Boulangerie du LFSF goodie per week until the end of the school year.