We Love You Leo and we are not giving up on you. Never :)
This is our cat Leo. This beautiful boy is just 2 years old. He has been hospitalised last Friday the 22nd of March due to an infection on his body and lymphs. Leo is still on observation to understand exactly what is the issue. Leo been with a very high fever for a week, have been through a lot of exams, including scans and blood tests. The initial cost was between £3000 and £4000 if he needed to stay until the Monday the 25th. Unfortunately our boy can not leave the Hospital until the results are released and conclusion made. Leo definitely have been improving slightly in the past 2 days. The fever is now below 39 degrees, which is good. He still has the lymphs swollen, they decreased a bit. There are improvements because of antibiotics plus other medications.
At our last consultation the Doctor told us that the initial amount have changed due to other exams taken and longer stay at the Hospital. It means is going up to £6700 or slightly more than that, depending what other care he needs afterwards plus other vet costs not including on that amount. Unfortunately the insurance only cover up to £4000. The remaining £2.700 (this includes the hospitalisation and vet costs ). This is the amount we need to pay from our own pocket, unfortunately we are struggling financially at the moment due to other costs we had with him before he went to the hospital.
Thats the reason why we are needing help from you all to be able to pay the Hospital to have our boy back home. Please help us. God bless you
We would like to make an update about Leo recovery :)
Leo finally came back home few days ago but been a busy week for us, a lot of stress as everyone can imagine specially of what actually happen to him.
He still recovering slowly but so far so good is what I have to say, some blood exams we are still waiting for the results, his lymph node are getting smaller with the days, he is now on 4 different medications plus the tube feeding, but he has been alright with that :).
Our boy still needs some care, been in and out of the vet since he been discharged from the Hospital on the 27th at night, he needs to attend the vet more often for the re checks and also to get the blood levels checked once they were a bit low and that was a concern to us too.
So far we already passed £7000 because of all those vet visits, etc. This journey is still not ended unfortunately because he still has few more attends to the vet, heart scan in couple weeks and the feeding tube to be taken off once he start eating his own food.
Yesterday we got some good news when we visit the vet that his blood levels went up from the Friday that were 14 to 20 on Saturday so hopefully he might not need any blood transfusion what is good other wise we have no choice and to go ahead for that to be done but will cost around £1500 what for us is extremely high and non sense why so much expensive. But hopefully that will not happen.
Thank you so much for the kind support you all been giving us, we deeply appreciate that from our hearts.
Is still a long journey until we reach the Goal of Donations for Leo Hospitalisation costs and hope you all can help us with a very small amount.
Thank you so much to all of you :)
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?