The result is loss of steering, braking and power control". Needless to say Hydroplaning is dangerous and if you don't react properly could be fatal not only for yourself but others as well. Here are some tips on how to possibly avoid and deal with Hydroplaning:
1. Check your tire's conditionInspect your tires thread, make sure you're not out on the rain driving with bald tires as the threads are supposed to help distribute the water around the tire for more traction. Don't forget to also make sure your tire's are properly inflated to the manufacturers recommended PSI.
2. Slow down and be alertwhen roads are wet The faster you drive, the harder it is for your tires to scatter the water evenly. As much as possible, keep an eye out and stay away from puddles and standing water that may cause your tires to lose traction with the road surface, also avoid driving in outer lanes where water tends to accumulate.
3. Avoid hard braking and taking sudden sharp turnsThis works hand in hand with tip #2, driving too fast may cause you to brake hard which could cause your tires to lock up and lose traction. Taking sudden sharp turns can also lead to a sudden loss of traction.
4. If it happens, keep calmIts important to always keep calm on the road, because sometimes no matter what you do or how many precautions you take you could still fall victim to Hydroplaning. In case it happens steer into the slide to keep control, once you've regained some traction slowly counter steer but not too much to avoid fishtailing and spinning out of control.
5. If it spins, use both feetIf you are unable to prevent the spin the best thing to do is to steer into the slide and slam on both the brake and clutch pedal to try to bring the car to a full stop. Take note though, if the car is just about to lose traction (more of in a drifting state) stick to tip #4 try to regain traction through smooth and gentle corrections.
6. Bonus TipTry using Pertua Oil and Metal treatment for your vehicle, formulated to reduce friction in your engine providing better performance, fuel mileage and prolonged engine life. Keeping your engine performance at optimal levels no matter what the driving condition. Click the products tab to learn more about our other Products,
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9998570
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.