Kappa Sigma's Military Heroes Campaign honors and aids the thousands of wounded military veterans returning from active duty. All proceeds go to the Fisher House foundation.
What is the Military Heroes Campaign & Fisher House Foundation?
Kappa Sigma's Military Heroes Campaign was designed to honor and aid the thousands of wounded military veterans returning from active duty. The campaign focuses, in particular, on providing charitable assistance to the Fisher House Foundation, a segment of the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund that provides free housing to wounded veterans and their families throughout the duration of rehabilitation. The Fisher House Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides a network of comfort homes on the grounds of military and VA major medical centers. The houses are 5,000 to 16,000 square foot units, with up to 21 suites, donated to the military and Department of Veterans Affairs. The Foundation provides support to families of patients receiving care at the nearby medical center. Since its inception, the Fisher House Foundation has saved military and veteran families an estimated of $200 million in out of pocket cost for lodging and transportation. Further information on the work of Fisher House can be found at www.fisherhouse.org or by calling 888-294-8560.
• Families served: Over 25,000
• Average length of stay: 10 days
• Average (combat casualties): 45-60 days
• Daily lodging capacity: 848 families
• Saved families more than $47 million in lodging cost, plus food and transportation
Since Inception (1990):
• Families served: Over 250,000
• Number of lodging days offered: 5.8 million
• Saved families more than $282 million in lodging and transportation cost
• Four stars (out of four) from Charity Navigator
• A+ from American Institute of Philanthropy
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?