Hello! I’m writing this on behalf of a protestor who was violently arrested and sustained injuries during her peaceful mission in the Sunland-Tujunga area on Friday, July 31, 2020.
On 7/31, 2 protestors in Tujunga-Sunland were arrested at a protest where conservatives were wielding bats and guns. The protestors were arrested for seemingly nothing: one was arrested because the pro-Trump side called the police claiming a laser pointer was being shined. The other was brutalized and charged with interfering in the arrest, despite many on the other side brandishing weapons behind police lines and having no contact with the arrestee. Leela was taken to the hospital with injuries sustained by the LAPD and was booked on a felony charge of Lynching despite not interfering with the arrest.
She is currently free on her own recognizance, but will need significant funds in order to:
1) Pay her significant medical bills
2) Replace her phone, which was stolen from her during detainment
3) Assist with any legal fees if Pro-Bono legal representation is not adequate
4) Assist with a hotel for out-of-town family members during her court proceedings
5) Additional miscellaneous funds which Leela herself would control regarding assistance for others involved in the peaceful protest
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?