History of the Monastery of the Nativity of the Virgin The first settlements of monks on the site of Novy Zagorov appeared in the 12th century. The monastery of the Nativity of the Virgin began to be built in 1566 at the expense of Zagorovsky (Ukrainian nobleman, after whom the modern village is named). He decided to give his wealth to build a separate church at the monastery of the Nativity of the Virgin. In 1696, precious frescoes by the talented Ukrainian artist Yov Kondzelevych appeared in the interior of the house. In the early 1900s, church services ceased due to wars and revolutions. Near the building you can find a sign with accurate information about the dead. Despite the significant destruction caused by the tragic events of the 1940s, the Monastery of the Nativity of the Virgin in Novy Zagoriv remains one of the greatest monuments of the village.
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.