Windows 10 has been at the center of many problems and one of them is the generic PNP monitor issue that has caused severe inconvenience to many users.
Read this blog till the end to know how to fix these issues in windows 10 with relative ease.
Let us take a look at some of the simple methods that can be used to fix the generic monitor issues
Simple methods to fix PNP monitor issues
Method-1: Install all of the available Windows 10 updates
In case the generic PNP monitor issues occur after you have installed or updated Windows 10, try to check for new updates with the following steps that are mentioned below;
● Begin by clicking on the start icon and click on the settings option to select the update and security option to check if there are any updates available.
● Now, simply download and install all of the updates available on your PC and restart it to finish.
Method-2: Install or rollback the Display Adaptor's drivers
● Open the device manager of your system, to begin with.
● From there, click on the Windows+R keys together to open the command box.
● Now, in the box and type "devmgmt. MSC" and hit ok.
● In the next window, choose the display adaptors option.
● For the next step, you will need to follow the course of action following your case;
● Case 1: when the installed display adaptor is listed as "Microsoft basic display adaptor", it simply means that the drivers for your graphic cards are not installed. For this case, follow the steps mentioned to fix this issue;
● Start by right-clicking on the Microsoft Basic Display adaptor and selecting the option of update driver.
● On the next screen, select the "Search automatically for drivers" option and let Windows download and install the drivers for the display device.
● Case 2: in case the graphics adaptor is correctly recognized from Windows 10, the installed graphic driver may be incorrect. For such cases, move forward to proceed and install the latest drivers for your graphics card from the support site of the manufacturer.
● First off, right-click on the display adaptor that is installed and click on the properties option.
● From there, choose the driver tab and then select the roll-back driver.
● For the next step, you will need to select an appropriate reason for the driver package rollback and click on yes.
● As soon as the driver rollback is complete, restart your system to finish the process.
Method-3: Reconnect the monitor after you have uninstalled the generic PNP monitor device
● Locate the device manager on your system
● From there, click on the monitors' option to expand it.
● After doing so, right-click on the generic PNP monitor and click on the option to uninstall the device.
● Now, click on the uninstall option to confirm the option.
● Once you have done so, shut down your computer.
● Next, turn the monitor off and then remove the power cord from the plug.
● For the next step, disconnect the video cable from the computer.
● Leave the cords unattended for about 2-3 minutes and then reconnect all the cables.
● Turn your PC on again and check if the problem still exists or not.
Method-4: By installing the generic non-PNP monitor driver
● Open the device manager program on your system, to begin with.
● Similar to the method above, click on the monitors' option to expand it.
● Now, right-click on generic PNP monitor drivers and select the "update" option.
● Next, select the "Browse my computer for drivers" option.
● In the next window, click on the option that says "let me pick a list of available drivers on my computer".
● Open the next tab and tick the checkbox for "show compatible drivers" and select and install one of the other drivers that are compatible or simply select the generic non-PNP monitor driver.
Method-5: Try using another video cable
● Turn your PC off, to begin with, the proceedings
● Now, replace the video cable with a similar one but make sure that it is made from a different manufacturer.
● Finish by turning your PC on again.
These are some simple methods that can be used to fix the generic PNP monitor issues without much fuss.
For any more info or queries, you may contact and seek help from a professional.
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.