Help Me Thru Hike the Appalachian Trail for St. Jude!

Help Me Thru Hike the Appalachian Trail for St. Jude!

From Cat Kelley

Hi! My name is Cat Kelley and I am thru hiking the Appalachian Trail this summer to help raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Please help by donating to my cause!

Support this campaign

Subscribe to follow campaign updates!

More Info

Hi! My name is Cat Kelley and I need your help to thru hike the Appalachian Trail and help raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I am currently mushing sled dogs in Jackson, Wyoming and counting down the days until I begin hiking from Springer Mountain, Georgia to Mount Katahdin, Maine. It has been a dream of mine to thru hike to Appalachian Trail since I was little and now that dream is finally coming to life. But, I still need help to make it happen. 

I cannot think of a better organization to raise money and awareness for than St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. St. Jude is a wonderful organization that helps families in need. Their mission is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. St. Jude pays for 100% of the family’s treatment, travel, housing and food, which is all possible due to contributions from supporters like you.

My senior year of college I was lucky enough to meet the Imel family; parents Judi and Jamie and daughters Mo and Keeley. Mo and I played lacrosse together at Rollins College and her sister Keeley quickly became part of the team. Keeley helped manage the team and her humor and positive attitude was greatly appreciated. Keeley was diagnosed with meduloblastoma, a form of brain cancer, when she was 14-years-old, and turned to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to receive radiation and chemotherapy. Keeley bravely fought for four years and pasted away on April 1st, 2012.

While at Rollins College my lacrosse team participated in the St. Jude Give Thanks Walk in honor of Keeley. It has been a wonderful experience getting to know the Imel family and supporting St. Jude. I have witnessed Keeley be an inspiration and motivation to a countless number of people. I am dedicating this thru hike to Keeley and the Imel family and all donations will be given to St. Jude in honor of Keeley.

70% of all donations will go to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital to help families in need. The remaining 30% of donations will go to logistical costs such as food and gear to make this thru hike possible.

Campaign Wall

Join the Conversation

Sign in with your Facebook account or