Cameroon war affected victims COVID-19 Fund TEAM FUNDRAISER Brighter days & 5 others are organizing this fundraiser on behalf of Cameroonians affected in the two restive regions of the country to fight Against COVID-19
Cameroon war affected victims COVID-19 Fund
Brighter days and 5 others are organizing this fundraiser on behalf of Cameroonians affected in the two restive regions of the country. Donations are 100% tax deductible.
Created June 12, 2020 for
Accidents & Emergencies
The Brighter Days Families Fund is a grassroots fundraising effort to support internally displaced families to fight againstCOVID-19, may be pushed even deeper into the shadows with little or few resources available to meet their immediate needs. This moment reminds us that we must and are capable of showing up in radical solidarity with one another. So this partnership between aims to raise financial resources to support individuals and families who would otherwise be left behind and out in our current crisis response.
It will provide financial support for families who have been impacted by the sociopolitical and economic crisis arising out of this moment and for families who are front line workers, such as health services workers paraprofessional educators.
What this fund can be used for:
-Short-term partial income replacement loss due to COVID-19
-Immediate health expenses
- Groceries, utilities
This fund is available for ALL undocumented* individuals/mixed-status families, or households who have been touched and displaced as a result of the ongoing conflelict which have lasted for 4years in the English speaking regions of Cameroon and during the current health crisis of COVID-19 AND meet one of the other following criteria:
- Individuals who are displaced
- Individuals who don’t have jobs to sustain life
- Folks in judicial proceedings or who have a family member in detention due to the ongoing conflelict.
-At-risk individuals or families with an at-risk member of contracting COVID-19: people over 60 years old and/or have a chronic immunocompromised system.
- Students with pending tuition payments
- People who are un-housed or have been forced out of stable housing
- Homes with children and youth who depend on adults that are disabled.
- Workers in the cash economy or misclassified as independent contractors with hurdles to documenting employment and accessing unemployment benefits
- Folks will be prioritized baded on the situation accrssed, however, all requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
A fund application will be released on soon in English, applications will be reviewed by a committee which will approve requests on a first come, first serve basis and disburse funds/relief aids on weekly. Money /relief items disbursement amount will depend on amount of money raised, requests received and need.
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?