HAIRPARTY has been offering consent-based hair services for queers and weirdos for the last five years in a handful of venues. Alas, we are once again in a place of transition, I'm asking for your help with those costs!
The shop that has been my hair home for the last year has made some big shifts in structure and culture that have made it no longer a good fit for the magic of Hairparty. The plan was to stay through the end of the year, but that stopped being tenable and I am in the limbo space of not having a place to work much earlier than planned.
I have some options around setting up a temporary workspace while i sort things out, but that's where I need your help! Transitions take money, and not being able to work makes that...impossible.
What I need that money for?
- I'm $900 short of paying off a business loan that once paid will give me greater money access
- Supplies and furniture for outfitting a workspace (potentially including insulation, drywall, paint, weatherstripping)
- Paying an electrician to come check out and update wiring
- Care and tune-ups for my shears and clippers
- Updating licenses with the state
I've made a very short timeline for this campaign, as I want to get back behind the chair ASAP. Please donate as you can and share share share!!!
Without you, there would be no weirdo queer hairmagic to make, and I am so grateful for all of you every single day.
Thanks for staying on this ride with me, and letting me share my greatest joy with YOU!
Your Adoring Hair Wizard,
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?