I am a junior this year and play Strong and Free Safety, Slot and Wide Receiver. Our team appreciates your support. New season starts August 22nd @JBHS. Thank you.
Dear Burroughs Football Supporter,
We are sending you a note in an effort to raise funds for our players' football program at John Burroughs High School in Burbank, California.
John Burroughs High School strives to provide our student-athletes with a quality high school football program centered around community and tradition. In addition to a higher level of football instruction, our student-athletes will leave JBHS with a multitude of skills, a sense of belonging, pride in themselves and their community, and lifelong friendships they will carry with them throughout their lives.
With that being said, funding a quality football program takes its toll. Inadequate state funding of public schools in California has jeopardized extracurricular programs and our football program does not receive funding of any kind from our school or our school district. Furthermore, we only receive a very small portion of our ticket sales to our own games. In order to provide our football program with the necessities; such as, uniforms, equipment, transportation (bus fees), and safety training; just to name a few, the cost per player is approximately $650.00 per season. This brings our total program cost to roughly $95,000 this upcoming season.
The internet has connected families from across the world and it is our goal to reach those families in the hopes of securing donations for our program, our team, and most importantly, our boys.
Any donation that you make is tax-deductible through our JB Arrowhead Club. JB Arrowhead Club is a nonproﬁt 501c3 corporation, developed solely to raising money to provide our John Burroughs Football team adequate funding to ensure our players always have a program to play for. Your money will be going towards the following items, to name a few:
• Buses to games - We are responsible for the majority of the cost of buses that transport our team to games.
• Pre-Game Meals - We are instituting pre-game meals so the boys can have a nutritious meal before games instead of the run fast food joints that are within walking distance of the school or skipping meals due to lack of planning and/or lack of personal funds.
• Post-Game Meals - Pre-game meal is around 3 pm and the game is at 7 pm
. That game is completed around 10 pm, leaving them without having eaten a solid meal for 7 hours. They are hungry and in need of calories to build their bodies back up.
• Uniforms - Last year the Varsity received new Adidas Home Uniforms and this year they will be wearing new Adidas Away Uniforms. Needless to say, the boys are excited about this.
• Equipment - Any purchase of new equipment or maintenance of old equipment is handled directly by us in the football program. Player safety is paramount.
Additionally, there are a large number of silent costs that not many people think about when funding a football a program; decals for the helmets, safety instruction/coaching, video camera equipment to ﬁlm the games, the kid’s ﬁlm study software, and footballs.
Thank you for your support!
2019 JB Arrowhead Club
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.
Looking to raise money?