The hospital paid for the transfer but will need to travel to see her. Possible lawyer retainer/fees If my mom cannot have quality of life she wishes to not be kept alive and wants to be cremated.
Diana is a 59 yo mother of one and grandmother to 7! Plus she has 3 cat babies! Diana went in to the hospital August 2nd 2020 having shortness of breath and was admitted to icu with pneumonia by 11am and at 3pm a nurse called me and told me they put my mom on a ventilator at noon. On Saturday August 8 the nurse called to report that my mom was not waking up like she should and they would have to do some testing. On Tuesday August 11 they said she has metabolic encephalothopy and the dr said he didnt know if she would wake up and basically i would just have to wait. Immediately the nurse practitioner started talking trache and feeding tube and the case worker said after her trache they would attempt to place her in a long term hospital 1.5 hours away. I couldnt believe that she came in alert and they are trying to rush her out a vegetable. I asked for a 2nd opinion and was told my only option was a transfer to another hospital at my own cost. At this point it seems i may never have my mom back. And if she does wake up she may have irreversible damage. My mom did not want a life with out quality so i am left to deal with and make decisions that are life altering. I need to make sure i give her every oppurtunity for the best care or atleast i make an effort. This has been devastating to us and totally unexpected. Any help will be greatly appreciated. God bless. **UPDATE** the hospital transfered her and paid for it. She is getting new tests and scans as i type. My mom deserved a 2nd opinion, a 2nd glance more than what others are willing to provide. If nothing else then atleast she knows i tried everything. ❤
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.