Our beautiful Daisy needs surgery. Can you help?

Our beautiful Daisy needs surgery. Can you help?

From Erin Garrison

Daisy has a tumor in the bone of her toe that needs to be amputated asap. The sooner we can have this completed the better chance she has. We hate to ask for help but we are desparate. Thank you!

Support this campaign

Subscribe to follow campaign updates!

Recent Updates

Update #4

7 months ago

A quick update for people not on facebook. Daisy is doing great after surgery. She wants to chase squirrels but her mean parents wont let her. We hope to find out information on the tests sometime this week. Fingers crossed it is non aggressive. Thank you everyone!

More Info

We rescued our beautiful Daisy 5 years ago when a friend of ours shared a "help me" post from Big Dawgs Rescue (Northern California). A family was cited by the city for having too many animals and had so many days to find her a new home. We fell in love with her photo, as you can see she is quite beautiful. BUT we already had 3 chihuahuas. Yes we are looking at this beautiful Staffy while we have chihuahuas at home. Well she was coming from a family with 5 yorkies so we decided to chance it. Needless to say, she thinks she is a small chihuahua and you can't tell her different. We love all of our dogs but there is something about Daisy. She knows when my anxiety is getting the better of me , she sits beside me and leans into me. Almost like she is hugging me and I immediatley feel some release. She loves to snuggle and have her her head squooshed (massaged). She will be 7 years old this December (seems far too young to be dealing with this). We want to do everything we can to help her live out the fullest life possible. If that means cutting off her toe then that is what we intend to do. It is amazing how much a toe removal costs and this may be only the first step depending on the biopsy. We had a terrible experience at our first vet. They ignored us when we said it was her foot. Over charged us for taking xrays of her knee and hip, NOT HER FOOT. Basically postponing the diagnosis over a month. We are now in great hands with our new Vetrinary office. Today we had Xrays taken of her toe again to find the tumor has grown since the last xray was taken (maybe 2-3 weeks ago). We also took chest xrays to see if the cancer has spread. There are spots that concerned the Dr. so we sent them to a radiologist for further diagnosis. I hate to say this is only the beginning. We could have a journey ahead of us. Any help you can provide is so greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

Campaign Wall

Join the Conversation

Sign in with your Facebook account or

Help Erin raise $1,500 by making a donation.

Erin Garrison posted a new update:
7 months ago

Update #4

A quick update for people not on facebook. Daisy is doing great after surgery. She wants to chase squirrels but her mean parents wont let her. We hope to find out information on the tests sometime this week. Fingers crossed it is non aggressive. Thank you everyone!

Join the Conversation

Sign in with your Facebook account or

Erin Garrison posted a new update:
7 months ago

Update #3

Great news! The biopsy from her knee came back negative! We can now move forward with the amputation. We have the surgery scheduled for Wednesday this week. She will have to have a few days of recovery time while wearing THE CONE OF SHAME. Thank you all for your support! Sending love to you all!

Join the Conversation

Sign in with your Facebook account or

Erin Garrison posted a new update:
7 months ago

Update #2

Quick update: we have enough to complete the needle biopsy on her knee and it is scheduled for Thursday. It will take a couple of days for the results but we will know if it has spread up her leg. Hopefully it comes back negative and we can move forward with the amputation. The amputation is the largest cost of both procedures so please do not stop sharing! Thank you everyone!

Join the Conversation

Sign in with your Facebook account or

Erin Garrison posted a new update:
7 months ago

Update #1

As many of you have heard we learned that Daisys chest xrays came back clear, which is great news. It has not spread to her lungs. Now we still need to have the toe amputated so they can remove the tumor and test it. There is also a nodule on her knee they want to do a needle biopsy on . Once we know what we are dealing with we will be able to move forward. Thank you all for you on going support. Please continue to share this post. The earlier we can have this surgery complete the better her chances are.

Join the Conversation

Sign in with your Facebook account or