Colorado Freedom Fund

Colorado Freedom Fund

From Elisabeth Epps

Founded in 2018, Colorado Freedom Fund (CFF) is a revolving fund that pays ransom (posts money bond, pays cash bail) for people unable to afford the cost of buying their own freedom. #FreeThemAll #BringOurNeighborsHome

Elisabeth Epps posted a new update:
about 1 year ago

Dear Friends, thank you.

Last night was another difficult night of peaceful protest met with police terror in Denver, just as is the case in so many other cities shaken by the killings of Breonna Taylor and George Floyd. In Denver and nationwide we continue to endure militarized police forces inflicting upon civilians the same sorts of excessive use of force that they used to kill Ms. Taylor and Mr. Floyd.

We at the Colorado Freedom Fund (CFF) received some requests for bail assistance and expect to continue to do so, but I can't yet say what that looks like financially. My expectation is that folks charged with many "minor" offenses will be released without bond, and as for folks facing more serious charges, we will of course help as needed as much as we can.

CFF has been actively working to Bring Our Neighbors Home through the COVID-19 pandemic and otherwise. We do this both by paying ransom directly as well as working for systemic policy change at the local and state level. Although the 2020 legislative session was suspended and our bills interrupted, we are already preparing our 2021 legislative priorities.

Just as we did in 2018 and 2019, again this May we hosted a Mother's Day Bail Out and we will do the same next month for Father's Day/Juneteenth. And again, CFF will of course continue to pay bond (money bail) for folks arrested during protests just as we do for our neighbors accused of myriad other offenses, all who share the sad commonality of being unable to afford cash bond.

Thank you for your generosity that enables us to do this work. On we press. #FreeThemAll

P.S. Many of you already know Eva Frickle, my indefatigable co-Director at Colorado Freedom Fund. That's Eva in the picture, there to buy freedom outside the Denver cage.

P.P.S. On a personal note, last night cops shot and destroyed my phone as I was live-streaming. I am completely fine; my phone is not. So while I was never good at texting, please forgive me for being even worse than ever, until I replace the phone.

P.P.P.S. Keep up with CFF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/FreedomFundCO) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoFreedomFund/). Although we are not yet super active with updating this page or our website, we do very regularly post CFF updates on Twitter (me) and Facebook (Eva).

All Updates

Joan Russick commented with a $250 donation:
about 1 month ago
In honor of Ben Ullrich and Katie Wartella - good ‘uns
Tara Vaughn commented with a $38 donation:
about 1 month ago
I appreciate all the battles you fight.
Natasha Howard commented with a $50 donation:
Thank you so much for the work you do and your help with my Soror Miranda. You are very appreciated ❤️
Anonymous commented with a $20 donation:
Thank you for helping my Soror!
Stephanie Mihalic commented with a $100 donation:
In honor of Carly Hamilton’s graduation from law school and dedication to justice.
Katherine Amato commented with a $217 donation:
Too many innocents are locked up pre-trial! Cash bail bonding is racist & discriminates against poor folks. Thanks CFF!
Carrie Murphy commented with a $35 donation:
Please use this donation in whatever way your organization needs.
Angela Bibens commented with a $50 donation:
This donation is in honor of my godmother, Anna Niemiec.
Sophie M Melich commented with a $50 donation:
Let’s keep folks out of cages. Thank you for all you do.
Magalie Lerman commented with a $20 donation:
Free femmes who are just trying to survive, free femmes whose only way to resist violence is with violence, free femmes of color.
Isabel M Villalon commented with a $100 donation:
33% of earring sales from March and April
Anonymous commented with a $10 donation:
Lin Sunshine commented with a $150 donation:
Happy Mother's Day to Liz, Bec, Patty, Jan, Sandy, and Annie!
Mike Ditterline commented with a $50 donation:
This donation is in solidarity with the rally and speakout against police terror 4/17
Steve Lawson commented with a $55 donation:
In appreciation of Derrick on his birthday.
Nels Beckman commented with a $50 donation:
I am so amazed by your work.
Lindsey N McCune commented with a $10 donation:
Thank you for all you do!
Jessica V. Havens commented with a $230 donation:
This donation is from Amber Kim and I as part of our tithing of proceeds from our anti-racism course for white women.
Beth Martin commented with a $100 donation:
Thanks for everything you do! Funds raised by an embroidery i made of a dead pig on a stick
Mackenzie Russell commented with a $50 donation:
Thank you for the work you do for our community!