I'm raising money for a cause I care about, but I need your help to reach my goal! Please become a supporter to follow my progress and share with your friends.
Cashless hospitalization has emerged as one of the key developments in the health insurance sector over a couple of decades. It ushered in a smoother experience for the policyholder. It enables patients to avail of hospitalization at network hospitals under medical insurance in India and get treated without getting into the hassle of arranging cash for the treatment. The health insurance provider or TPA (third-party administrator) directly settles your medical bills to the hospital. Health insurance companies have a list of network hospitals or TPA-empanelled hospitals where you, as a policyholder, can go for cashless hospitalization.
Here you can read why Cashless Hospitalization is essential:
● No need to arrange money for the treatment as in traditional health insurance policies.
● Immediate treatment is possible with cashless hospitalization during a medical emergency without getting into cumbersome paperwork or formalities.
● Hospitalization bills can be traumatic with the cashless claim; it will be a little less harrowing for the patient and the family.
● It gives a financial cushion; you do not have to borrow money for the treatment and go for it without any financial implications.
● A handy list of network hospitals helps you choose the one near your residence and get admission without wasting time.
● Boon at the present corona crisis because you do not need to stand in a long queue to deposit cash and you are not required to exchange money in the hospital, which reduces your chances of getting infected.
Trusted brands like Care Health Insurance, GoDigit, ICICI Lombard, etc., offer hassle-free cashless claims. All you need to follow below common and simple steps:
Based on your location, pick the network hospital that is feasible for you.
In case of emergency, you have to intimate your health insurer's claim management team within 24 hours of hospitalization during the emergency 48 hours before admission in planned hospitalization.
You have to fill the pre-authorization form available at the hospital's insurance / TPA Desk and send it to the claim management team.
After verification by the claim management team, you will get an approval letter.
The claim management team can raise a query.
Your claim may be rejected due to policy terms, conditions, information, and documents.
You can carry on your treatment and file for a reimbursement claim.
Points to Remember Before Going for Cashless Hospitalization
Cashless hospitalization is one of the ways you settle your claim under medical insurance in India. Below are some essential points to remember if you are going for cashless claim settlement:
Remember, this facility is available only at network hospitals empaneled with the health insurance companies.
Before you opt for a cashless facility, check the exclusion list to know about the situations/treatments/medical procedures/conditions that do not include under the policy.
You need to submit all the required documents, including hospital bills, diagnosis, doctor's prescription, and treatment plan, to the claim management team and hospital TPA within the stipulated period.
Intimation to the claim management team about hospitalization is required within 24 hours in emergency and before 48 hours in case of planned admission.
You can choose any top brands like Care Insurance company and more as your trusted insurance partner. They have several cashless healthcare providers where you can avail cashless hospitalization for your treatment worry-free.
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.