To make a donation by check please make it out to the following:
Bahamas Habitat/Father's Table Matching Grant Campaign for the Zion Children's Home Our goal is to raise $100,000 for the Zion Children's Home and match a $50,000 gift challenge
About My Campaign
Bahamas Habitat is honored to announce a $50,000 Matching Grant from The Father's Table Foundation to care for abused and neglected children at the Zion Children's Home in Current Island, The Bahamas. The Father's Table Foundation will match your contribution dollar for dollar up to $50,000! The Zion Children's Home is a program of the Bahamas Conference of the Methodist Church. It was built and furnished thanks to generous donors, volunteers, and workers from The Bahamas and the United States. You can help care for abused and abandoned children at the Zion Children's Home by giving today!
The Zion Children’s Home seeks to provide a safe sanctuary for the growth of children who have been neglected or abused in the Bahamas, especially in the island of Eleuthera. Through holistic development initiatives, the home and its affiliates seek to provide an atmosphere and programming whereby the abused and neglected children of The Bahamas can safely be nurtured as they are encouraged in their spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social, and physical growth.
• To have house parents and support staff who will care for the children;
• To provide a family experience for play, fellowship and inclusion that will be provided at all times;
• To provide intellectual development through integrated group activities and academic sessions
• To inspire the development of character and self-esteem through group learning activities and youth leadership initiatives;
• To teach self-discipline through implementation and adherence to daily routines;
• To expose children and teach them an appreciation for the culture and social institutions of the Bahamas;
• To develop healthy eating habits by providing balanced meals in accordance with the guidelines established by the Ministry of Social Services;
• To develop proper grooming and self-care habits; and
• To provide opportunities for spiritual awareness and growth
Looking to raise money?