Billy Mawhiney uploaded a new video
NySa PenDek became a supporter
Mark and Kyla Matyas and Meuer donated $100
Mark Matyas became a supporter
Heather Lewis became a supporter
Deanna Seithel donated $25
Cordell Lewis donated $25
Cordell Lewis became a supporter
Billy Mawhiney posted an update:
Micki McCurry donated $10
- All Updates
- Fundraiser Only
Our mission is simplistic at heart. We provide resources and education on how to reconnect families, from all walks of life, around the dinner table.
We are an official 501c3, so all donations are tax-deductible.
- To provide resources for families in regards to family dinner based on saving time & money
- Expand our Kitchen Kids Program, teaching valuable life skills to children by building a free resource for schools and organizations on how to start their own programs.
- Host the first ever Family Dinner Conference April 18, 2013 in NYC.
- Recruit churches and individuals to donate garden produce to their local Food Pantry so that everyone has access to fresh food, no matter their income level.
- Create a partnership with Get Fresh! (www.getyourfresh.net) to gain free space for Kitchen Kids program and allowing families to get healthy and affordable meals using their SNAP benefits.
Recap of 2011 & 2012
- Workshops in Kansas City, MO & Sioux Falls, SD
- Began acceptance for SNAP at Mitchell Farmers' Market
- Started first CSA in Mitchell
- Cooking Classes and Edible Classroom registrations open
- Finalist in the TEDxManhattan Challenge
- Blog for Family Dinner successfully launched
- Received first grant
- Officially proclaimed 501c3 (dating back to our orginal application date of August 2010)