About the City Chicken Project
Just Food’s City Chicken Project provides the training, coops and hens that schools and community gardening groups need to raise healthy chickens and delicious eggs. For 2012, we've selected four community garden and school groups to become City Chicken Project sites.
We need to raise $11,000 to provide training to our partners and build four coops throughout the city. This project relies 100% on donations from Just Food supporters so please make a donation today!
What Your Contribution Provides:
- $15 - 1 pullet or adult laying hen (most coops begin with a flock of around 12 chickens)
- $50 - Supplies like a waterer or a feeder
- $100 - 1 workshop on chicken health, care and maintenance
- $1000 - A community build day with a volunteer supervisor and an expert coop-building carpenter (most coop-building projects require more than one build day, more than one person to supervise, and a tremendous outpouring of volunteer support )
- $1500 - Materials for one coop
About Just Food
Just Food is a nonprofit organization that connects New York City communities and local and urban farmers with the resources and support they need to make fresh, locally grown food accessible to all.
For more information about previous City Chicken Project sites and other Just Food programs, visit justfood.org or call (212) 645-9880. Let’s keep making NYC a better place to live and eat!